BSc CSIT (Bachelors in Computer Science and Information Technology) is a four-year Undergraduate course affiliated to Tribhuvan University (TU) which is designed to provide the student with all sorts of knowledge in the field of Information Technology, Networking, Artificial Intelligence, Computing, Database, Programming, Software Development, Data Structure & Algorithm BSc CSIT program involves, in addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works. The program develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to real world problems. This program develops the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and IT specialists. The design and implementation of BSc CSIT course offers new challenges when compared to the traditional computing environment. The recent emergence of global business, new technologies for data processing and data communication / networking environment, equip specialized science graduates to focus on professional careers in Information Technology. The B.Sc. CSIT program provides the students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable students to effectively participate in solving the complex problem of the IT industry.
1. Tribhuvan University, Institute of Science and Technology, Dean office conducts the entrance examination.
2. The Entrance Examination will be of 100 Full Marks including the subjects of Intermediate/10+2 level or equivalent incorporating English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects and the pass marks is 35.
3. All the Questions of Entrance Examination will be Objective Type (MCQs).
4. The Examination Time Duration will be of 2 hours.
The candidate applying for B.Sc. CSIT program :
1. Should have successfully completed a twelve year of schooling in the science stream or equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by TU.
2. Should have secured a minimum second division in their +2 or equivalent OR should have secured at least C in all subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12 by taking Physics and Mathematics of 100 marks.
3. Should have passed A level in Science (have studied Physics and Mathematics of 100 marks) and passed at least in D Grade.
4. Should have passed 3-Year Diploma in Engineering program from CTEVT taking both Physics and Mathematics.
5. Should have successfully passed the entrance examination conducted by TU securing at least 35% marks. Compiled with all the application procedures.
A student eligible to study the B.Sc. CSIT course should collect and submit the admission form from any of the B.Sc. CSIT colleges.